Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kendree-2 months!

I know I say it on every monthly post, but I just can't believe how quickly time is passing!  Kendree is such a good baby.  She is content to be in her swing, the bassinet or just on the ground the majority of the time and allows me to spend time with Easton, grab a quick bite to eat, etc. 

She is sleeping fantastically, continuing to get up once a night after about a 5-6 hour stretch of time.  She even gave me a little "happy two months of life" present of sleeping THROUGH the night on Friday night.  I had to ask Ronnie the next morning to make sure that I didn't get up to feed her (you know how those nursing nights are a blur).

She is smiling--not a ton, but when you work at it, she rewards you.  She gave her first full smile to Grandpa, and I don't think he'll ever let us forget that.  She seems to be a little more serious than Easton was at this time, but her pleasant and easy-going temperment is well worth a few less smiles! 

She is still not a big fan of the binky and this week I may be forced to branch out from my "preferred" brand to see if she will take a different one.  That wouldn't be so hard if I wasn't such a binky snob. 

She likes to grab things, including her own hair while she is feeding.  I'll look down to see a big grimace on her face and then find her little hand in a tight fist around her hair pulling as hard as she can.  It's actually pretty funny (aside from the pain she is causing herself, of course).

Easton is doing better and better everyday.  He loves his "Kenny" and gives her dozens of kisses a day to prove it.  It's just the little outbursts of extra "love" that we are working on. :)

Just like her big brother, Kendree loves to be swaddled up tight to sleep at night.  She is an excellent eater and I'll be sure to post her official stats tomorrow after our doctor's appointment. [ETA: She weighed in at 10 lbs. 15.5 oz. (less than I thought, she seems so much chubbier than Easton was)  that's the 55th percentile and was 22 inches long (40th percentile).]

Now, on to the pictures:
Here are her official 2 month shots.  She wasn't wanting to give me any smiles and actually got more and more upset, the more pictures I took.
Kendree and Daddy
Hanging out in the bassinet (she doesn't like the pre-flash so she kind of closes her eyes--she normally has big wide eyes!)
Sleeping beauty
We love our Kendree-girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment