Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kendree - 18 months

At 18 months Kendree:
  • First official stats:  Kendree is 22 lbs. 9 oz (25th %tile) 32.5 inches tall (75th %tile) and looking very healthy!
  • Tries to run everywhere.  I love this stage of movement as she usually can only get one hand pumping along with her legs and then gets busy watching her feet and totally runs into something (don't worry, I only laugh if she isn't actually hurt).
  • Really wants to be a big girl on stairs.  She just wants to walk up and down them, thankyouverymuch.  She will crawl up them, but if she feels like she has a sturdy enough handhold (like on the door frame coming up the three steps into our house from the garage) she'll attempt to walk up by herself.
  • Recently decided that Ronnie and I are Mommy and Daddy instead of Mama and Dada.  This can either be the cutest thing ever, or the most annoying depending on her mood and tone of voice.
  • Is not afraid to stand up for herself, but as a result can be a little bit of a bully.  We are especially working on hitting and biting (Easton only bit a handful of times in his entire life, so this one is a new one for me).
  • Went to nursery for the first time on Sunday and LOVED it.  Was completely entertained even when the other kids were leaving and seemed surprised to see me standing there to pick her up.  Ronnie and I LOVED having our hands a bit free-er (we have to take advantage of our next 3 months as we'll be right back at it after that).  I found myself looking around for her during the 3rd hour of Primary (the time I am usually on Kendree duty).
  • Takes one nap a day and now that I can stretch out her awake morning to after 12:30 p.m. she's becoming a much better napper (better meaning longer in my world).  She usually sleeps at least 2 hours and leans closer to 3 hours several times a week.
  • Loves her big brother with all of her heart and wants to be JUST like him.  This usually drives him insane.
  • Likes to give my belly hugs and kisses although she has no idea what that belly will do to her little world in 3 short months.
  • Loves to read books but MUST be sitting on your lap to do so.  Not next to your lap, or standing near you, ON your lap. period.
  • Got three new teeth this month (her top right tooth-next to the front teeth on July 22nd; her top left molar on July 24th; her top left molar on July 25th).  Those were a rough couple of days. In case anyone is keeping track (I know you aren't) that brings her tooth total to 6 on top and a very lonely 2 on the bottom.
  • Loves babies.  We visited a good friend and her 2 month old and Kendree fully believed that she should be holding that baby all by herself.  The baby also needed her pacifier at all times and the baby wanted her own baby doll to play with as well.  I have a feeling that setting this new baby on the floor while Kendree is awake will not be an option.  Easton was completely oblivious to Kendree when she was little, but I don't think that will apply.
  • Has started throwing herself down when having a fit.  Most times this only serves to hurt her.  Like the other day when she did it on the tile kitchen floor and discovered how good that feels.
  • Really likes to color with crayons.  She finds the container of crayons at least once a day and brings it to me so I will pull out the giant pad of paper from under the couch and she colors to her hearts content.
  • Is a "picker."  One of her favorite activities is to cover a paper in stickers and then spend the next 30 minutes (no joke) picking every single sticker back off of the paper.  She also loves to pick at her many mosquito bites while we ride in the car.  No band aid or tape can keep her away.
  • Lights up our lives.  We love that girl!
Modeling the outfit from China that Grandpa Cali bought her:
     And now the outfit from India:
    Swimming (picture stolen from our friend's blog):
    On Kendree's official 18 month "birthday" I neglected to take pictures until after dark when we were waiting for Daddy to lock up the church.  With the need for flash, I got some pretty fantastic photos:
    And this one from our trip to see Rockies is pretty great too!
    So, we're going to go with this one as the "official" 18 month picture.
     Now for some videos: Kendree showing off her India outfit:


And Kendree dances.  Please ignore that saggy bum diaper she is about to shake off.

No comments:

Post a Comment