Friday, October 7, 2011

The E-man

Easton and his lego tower (we don't have many legos so this was as high as he could make it). He was THRILLED to be able to take a picture of it to show Daddy.
Whenever Easton dresses up, he wants me to take a picture so he can see himself.  This day he was Easton the fireman.
Just another funny Easton picture.  He loves Mario and Luigi currently and insisted that I take a picture of his little buddy.

And now a few Easton funnies:
  • Ronnie, Easton, Jord-man and I had the opportunity to go to the UW vs. Nebraska game a few weekends ago.  We had a great time (despite the Cowboy loss).  At one point, I looked over to see Easton with his hand right up my his eye.  I asked him what he was doing.  He didn't move a muscle and answered "Shooting the red guys."  I asked why he was doing that and he said "So they die."  It was possibly one of the funniest thing ever.  Despite our many, many talks of only shooting animals and targets, his UW spirit got in the way and he couldn't help himself.
  • He loves to know what we are doing everyday.  If I don't have anything planned for that day it is the end of his life.  Most days I just make something up around the house so he can put it on his mental calendar. He can stand a few days in the coming week with "nothing" going on, but not too many in a row.  Luckily we have our travels to Laramie, swim lessons and preschool that take up the majority of the week.  Then I fill in our Friday and Saturday's and on Sunday we have church. :)
  • Any capital "Y" stands for BYU.  He told his preschool teacher last week that his family are fans of BYU. (I didn't even know he knew the word fans).
  • We have been reading one verse a night with Easton before bed (he likes to follow our fingers across the page and say every word after we do).  Last night, after another verse that started "And it came to pass" he turned to me and said..."there are a LOT of passes."
  • He still asks me just about every day "We don't remember what our baby is?" as if the next time he asks I'll have an answer for him.  It normally only comes up when we are discussing gender (like when he started a new swimming session and wondered if his teacher was going to be a girl or a boy, or when we talk about his friends with new babies--one family had a girl and the other a boy).
  • He has asked me what I am doing enough times when I am crafting that now he asks and then answers himself "something for the new baby."  I suppose I need to get his Halloween costume all finished so I can be making something for him to brighten his day.
  • While I like to think of him as almost a real boy (you know, talking in complete sentences and acting so much more mature than Kendree), he still has his moments.  Like yesterday when he threw a gigantic fit at the post office that he was not the one to trigger the automatic doors and I just kept on walking to the car and left him there (don't worry, you have to park on the street at this post office and our car was literally the closest one to the door--he could follow me completely on the sidewalk).
  • Easton sure does keep me on my toes and we love him lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment