Friday, November 19, 2010

Kendree - 9 months

My, my, how our little Kenny bear is growing!  Let's take a look at all she is up to.
  • She is 50th percentile on all the charts.  19 pounds and 28 inches long.  No wonder she is so heavy in the car seat. (it should also be said that she weighs more now than her brother did at 15 months)
  • She is not sleeping through the night anymore.  Ronnie and I have conflicting view on whether the baby monitor should be on in our room at night.  If he turns it on, then I get up with her 2-3 times a night.  If I leave it off, I only hear her once. (see why I want it off?).  I really believe she is just "readjusting herself those other two times I hear her on the monitor.  I'm not going to push sleeping through the night until she is done nursing at one year.  I learned my lesson with Easton.
  • She loves all foods.  Fruit, vegetable, she doesn't care.  I'm excited to see how she likes meats now that she is 9 months old.  She eats three regular food meals a day and I'm going to start having her schedule be such that she is eating when we eat.
  • She really likes to feed herself.  Right now that is pretty much just puffs, as her mom wasn't willing to put up with the mess of other things, but I think I can convince her mom that a little mess is okay and branch out to broader self-feeding.
  • Kendree is not crawling yet, but is getting up on all fours and rocking, so we're expecting it soon.  She also does this funny "plank" position that you'll see below in the video.
  • She doesn't have any teeth, in fact, not even a single sign of any teeth.  I'm loving that part and she can keep those little chompers to herself as long as she would like.
  • She is going through a phase were she prefers to be on her belly or back on the floor and not sitting up.  I think it is because it saves her one step in getting around everywhere, but it is pretty funny to watch her arch her little back so you don't put her in a sitting position.
  • She babbles and screeches all of the time--it's getting harder to act like I'm in a professional environment when I have conference calls for work. :)
  • She continues to idolize her big brother and even if he is being a little rough, revels in any attention he will give her.
  • Kendree is wearing 12 month clothes almost exclusively (there are just a few 9 month outfits that mama continues to put you in because she loves them so much--but they are days away from being too small) and would fit in a size 3 shoe if she did not have the crazy fat foot thing that Easton has as well (fat from the bottom to the top of her foot--if you were looking when she was standing up) and if she would not curl her toes down really hard every time you try to put a shoe on.  The Target brand version of the Robeez are the only things I can get to stay on.
  • She can get to anything she wants between rolling and a kind of army crawl thing (push up on hands and lurch forward) and has the longest reach I have seen in a long time.  When I think I've put something a safe distance away, I never have!
  • Is still a little stranger shy, but is beginning to warm back up more quickly.
  • She is starting to not like the headbands and hats I have her wear.  They come off almost as quickly as I can put them on.
  • Takes two naps a day (totaling 3+ hours)
  • We finally had to retire the swing this week as she would only last about 15 minutes in it and it isn't worth my floor space for that amount of time. :)  She does continue to enjoy the stand-up bouncer thing.
Enough with the talking already--on to the pictures!

The only two "official" shots I have of Kenny girl on the day she turned 9 months.

Hanging out with daddy.

Letting big brother hold me (he has to get those "holding times" in while he can still hold her--she's catching up to him fast)

Hanging out in the bouncer.

And now a video of the plank position.

No comments:

Post a Comment